My Baby Chick cant walk what do I do?

Quote:
Yay! The three I had problems with had a hard time hatching too. I had to help them in fact so I'm sure that is why their leg muscles were not up to par right away. They are happy and very active chicks today!

I have one that didn't get better. She's 14 wks old and her legs stick out straight with hips and feet arched. I havent had the heart to put her down. She eats and drinks anything I put in front of her. Had to take her out of the brooder cause they pecked her toe and it bled like crazy. She's been in the house ever since. I consider her my special needs chicken.

i have a chick doing the same thing...its 2 or 2 and 1/2 weeks and all of a sudden she cant walk.. its her one leg that kinda buckles out at the knee i gues it is. i dont know what to do. the boyfriend says '2 options leave it alone or kill it' i dont have the heart to do either one.

any suggestions??? i wanna do what i can... what if i wrapped the bandaid around it kinda like a splint since its just one leg? or should i give it a day or 2 to see if it heals on its own?

Quote:
I have one of those too! She is 3 years old now and is doing great. Thankfully she's a bantam so not that much weight to support. She's spoiled rotten, lives in a cage in the living room so she can watch tv with my husband
lol.png

update on my chick....i watched her some this morning (i was actually a bit late for work
he.gif
) and she seems to be doing alot better...i may still try to splint it with a bandaid or some small pads and tape. i will be watching her more a bit later...i may see if she can walk better on my carpet where its level.

certainly no need to cull her. she is doing wonderful and eats and drinks, she isnt peeping so i would assume not too much pain.

Quote:
Wonderful news! What type of bedding is she on? I know mine had a really hard time on the recommended paper towels so I put them in the cage with shavings. It gave them more traction and they never ate the shavings.

Ive tried everything and the baby still cant walk. I dont have the heart to put it down and its all alone. I guess I will put food and water in its pen and if it cant drink on it own then it wont survive. sad:(

Back
Top Bottom