MY BABY IS CHOKING? BUBBLES FROM MOUTH HELP QUICK!

Sounds like she got "water-logged". Feel of her crop and see if it is large and round and fluid filled. If she drank too much too quickly, this can happen very easily. Bubbles from the throat is a sheer sign of this, as the water is trying to come back up the throat from the crop and it coats the windpipe, thus making bubbles. They usually get over it, but it can be deadly if they fall over. It will drown them. Hold up their heads and massage the crop gently. Keep them upright. When you water them, let them have about 6 drinks then take the water away for about 10 minutes, then repeat. Sometimes chicks get overexcited at the sight of being watered and drink and drink and drink.

Hope this helps ^_^
~Stevie

Wow! this helps so much!!! That sounds just like what happened!!! You've been a great help now I know what it is!​

I wanted to say thanks for the great advice in regards to the water logging
thumbsup.gif
I just typed: bubbles, mouth cuz my chick did this and was gaping the entire time. Thanks so much love this site
big_smile.png

I'm new to having chicks I got two yesterday at 3 days old I woke up to one dead this morning and the other fraught all day I had no idea what was wrong this page is exactly what was going on another thing learned just a little to late :(

Back
Top Bottom