My baby turkey wont stop chirping! =( (other questions too)

I want to share a piece of advice for anyone who has raised turkeys (especially started out with babies) and had to put up with the constant loud chirping. For days they chirped constantly yet when I talked to them while changing out the water, cleaned the cage etc, they got quiet. So, since they are sociable birds, I put a radio near their cage and they have not made a peep in 3 days. I wanted to see if this was just a coincidence so I turned the radio off and sure enough, they started the loud chirping. I turned the radio back on and instantly, they got quiet. So, if any of you have had this problem or are considering raising turkeys, here is the solution.

Ha we are going to try the stuffed animal! little white midget turkey going nutty - we got 3 baby turkeys and 4 chickens all same age (bout 2 weeks) and just one of the little turkeys just running a-muck and chirping like crazy! lol so hope it works! will let you know!

LOL!!! the stuffed animal trick worked!!! place an old stuffed elephant in the pen with the chickens and turkeys - and almost immediately the chirping stopped as the liitle turkey snuggled in and found peace with the little green elephant!

sorry should of done this right away - sorry!!! not best pics and apologize for delay - got to say we all slept well since the elephant brought us peace and quiet!

yes she is! We got the 3 really hoping for 2 females and a male, so they can start their own little flock next year! It is funny though that the other 2 turkeys bonded with the chickens. One paired up with the tiny little Silkie and the other one bonded with one of the 2 lavender Orpingtons. the other lavender bonded with the biggest of our brood - the raptor like egyptian Fayoumi - she is so cool, moves like a roadrunner!

just replaced the heating lamp with an electric hen - now the lonely turkey has left the stuffed animal and now all the chickens and turkeys cuddle together under the heater (which doesnt burn little fingers and/or risk start house on fire) ! not only do they all sleep through the night enjoying the darkness, we all need when we sleep, with the plate suspended above them, the tiny silkie and polish haave more protection from being stomped while the sleep, for the larger ones can fly and hang out on top of the heater...this does require regular wiping to keep it clean though - but worth every penny! pic to come later

Back
Top Bottom