My beautiful farm life lol

Feel free to tell me what these guys are lol. Some i know and some i dont.

This girl is besties with my phoenix. I just call her bestie

they look very cute..but i know that this perchs isn't good for foot health. The perches must be round and gripable.

Last edited:
they look very cute..but i know that this perchs isn't good for foot health. The perches must be round and gripable.
Round perches/roosts are actually NOT good for chickens in colder climates- when the toes are wraped around round object they are exposed to the elements instead of covered by their feathers and body- which can cause extreme frostbite- leading to infections and loss of toes.

Round perches/roosts are actually NOT good for chickens in colder climates- when the toes are wraped around round object they are exposed to the elements instead of covered by their feathers and body- which can cause extreme frostbite- leading to infections and loss of toes.

I have never thought in this respect because we live in a constantly hot climate. thanks a lot for informing.

I have a round one and not a single one gets on it. They would rather have the temporary perch i made out of a 2x4... I took it out and put "real" ones in there and they squawked and hollared all nite... On the ground and refused to shut up till i put the 2x4 back in there.. The one you see in the pic is an old ladder type and only 2 birds will get on it. But we are expanding thier coop after the duck coop so that 1 will come out too. We live in florida so climate is decent all year round except few nites...

Back
Top Bottom