My beautiful quail hens

bkvail

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Skagit County, NW Washington
I have a small flock of 7 quail this year that I hatched like I do each spring. I usually give my quail away in the fall so I don't have to feed/water in the winter. I am considering keeping this flock to hatch their eggs in the spring though.
I don't know what colors to call afew of them though. This pic is of a (left) speckled Italian. The middle I have been calling blonde, the right one (my faaaavorite is a dove gray with dark blue spots and white like a tuxedo. I have been calling her my lilac tri-color haha. What are these two really called? My rooster is blue/lilac colored like the tri-color hen, but he is marked like the speckled italian if that make sense. Speckled lilac, haha
20171026_162048-1.jpg
It is hard to get them to hold still for pics!

I have a small flock of 7 quail this year that I hatched like I do each spring. I usually give my quail away in the fall so I don't have to feed/water in the winter. I am considering keeping this flock to hatch their eggs in the spring though.
I don't know what colors to call afew of them though. This pic is of a (left) speckled Italian. The middle I have been calling blonde, the right one (my faaaavorite is a dove gray with dark blue spots and white like a tuxedo. I have been calling her my lilac tri-color haha. What are these two really called? My rooster is blue/lilac colored like the tri-color hen, but he is marked like the speckled italian if that make sense. Speckled lilac, hahaView attachment 1170475 It is hard to get them to hold still for pics!

Beautiful birds :) I don't know 100% but I think that's an Italian, manchurian and a silver tuxedo? :D

Back
Top Bottom