My Black Jersey Giants

crossbowhunter5

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 26, 2014
Saltville Va
I have 15 pullets & the 15th of this month they will be 5 months old about when should i expect them to start laying eggs I ordered 25 pullets & Cackle sent me 8 roosters & someone stole 7 of my pullets about 2 months ago so i now only have 15 & the 8 roosters I am gonna sell off the extra roosters all but 2 or put them in the pot if they do not sell I am very dissapointed with Cackle Hatchery with this order i will have to raise the 10 pullets i need to get the number i should have gotten to begin with

Generally chickens start laying around 20 weeks but there are many factors to consider. Check out this BYC thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/684375/at-what-age-should-chickens-start-laying-eggs
It might contain the information you are looking for.

I have never been able to get a decent price for roosters so mine all go into the soup pot. You might be luckier with your Jersey Giants.
About the Hatchery.....8/25 is a 30% margin of error .... too much in my book. They would not get away with that if they were supplying a larger order. Phone them and see if they will replace the roosters for free.

I have 15 pullets & the 15th of this month they will be 5 months old about when should i expect them to start laying eggs I ordered 25 pullets &  Cackle sent me 8 roosters & someone stole 7 of my pullets about 2 months ago so i now only have 15 & the 8 roosters I am gonna sell off the extra roosters all but 2 or put them in the pot if they do not sell I am very dissapointed  with Cackle Hatchery with this order i will have to raise the 10 pullets i need to get the number i should have gotten to begin with

My Jerseys started laying at the 7 month mark. They started squatting for me about a month before they laid their first eggs. That really stinks that someone stole your pullets!

I keep my chickens padlocked at all times when I'm not home and also at night. I do have neighbors I absolutely do not trust. Don't think I would by from Cackle Hatchery again if thats the best they can do.

After my 7 pullets were stolen i but a lock on my coop I am telling ya a thief is the lowest of lowlifes except a child molester it took me almost a year to save up to order my BLACK JERSEY GIANTS & i am on a disability fixed income & now it will take me over a year to raise enough to replace the 7 that were stolen from me. & I will be ordering from a different Hatchery Cackle sent me 7 roosters instead of the 3 i did order & they did refund the money for the 4 roosters . Which hatchery except McMurry & McMurry I had a bigger foul up I need a good hatchery that don't foul up my order Cackle stated that they had a 90% sexing rate guess i fell into the other 10% JUST MY LUCK LOL

\

Back
Top Bottom