My blind silky bantam

She is still.sitting, no squawking in the morning,eating well, not laying eggs any more either. I take her out of her coop most days to get her some fresh air and she just sits in the grass, peaks at the grass a few times. She still squawk and pecks at me every time I try to touch her or pick her up. It don't hurt though. How long will this last. She is not sitting on anything. The one day she did lay an egg she wasn't sitting on that either.?????????

If she squwakes and pecks at you it may sound she looks broody get some fake eggs like golf or ping pong balls in a nest and see what happens and also if she is eating good I wouldn't be to concerned check her crop and see if she's full every night I would take her to a vet and give her some vitamins and electrolyte and see if she has any mites that could worn her out

she is purbaly broody and if she has a puff on her head trim it and she sould be able to see if not she might be blind and all chickens need a friend or the get sad and diprassed

Back
Top Bottom