My cat has allergies and we have tried EVERYTHING!

Quote:
I wonder if they have allergy shots for cats. I had a dog that I had to give them to once a month.

Your such a good mom cleaning all of those snot rockets off the wall and spending 1100.00, ouch, your vets are so high. My vet charges me like 5 bucks for an office visit, my poor animals would be in trouble if I had to pay your vet bills.

I would def. see about giving him something over the counter. I have given my animals Benadryl.

Quote:
My cat has food allergies and the symptoms were putrid, diarrhea and bloating! My dog; however, had seasonal allergies (like everyone it seems in the high desert) and she does the reverse sneezing, red eyes, etc. I'd bet it's seasonal allergies or something similar. Our environment up here is perfect for allergies (dust, mustard, mulberries, cottonwoods, etc)!

Ain't that the truth!!!!! Today he seems better. Poor kitty!

Quote:
I wonder if they have allergy shots for cats. I had a dog that I had to give them to once a month.

Your such a good mom cleaning all of those snot rockets off the wall and spending 1100.00, ouch, your vets are so high. My vet charges me like 5 bucks for an office visit, my poor animals would be in trouble if I had to pay your vet bills.

I would def. see about giving him something over the counter. I have given my animals Benadryl.

It wasn't that the vet was so expensive, it was so many visits and test and steroids, etc. It all added up before the vet threw up his hand.

Quote:
Would that make fattie boombalattie loose weight too? I have two cats that share a bowl.

We switched our cat to Royal Canin Rabbit and Peas, which is through the vet only (good for food allergies) and he lost 2-3 lbs!!! Raw food diets are suppose to be great too, but I've never tried them (yet at least).

I'm not saying it's impossible but food allergies aren't typically going to manifest themselves as upper respiratory issues. Some cats just have environmental allergies.
Chlortrimeton is really safe and is more effective than Benadryl in cats. It comes in 2mg tablets, you can give one to two tablets twice daily.
My veterinarian (and boss!) has a cat that constantly has boogers because he has a small benign mass/tumor in his sinuses, maybe your cat is dealing with something similar....in that case there isn't anything you can do to stop the boogers.

Back
Top Bottom