my certified organic isa browns

Very cool. May I ask how much you plan on selling your certified organic eggs for? And how much do you pay for your feed? I'm just curious...

Cute chicks, but, how is a non-cooked, non-edible type chicken a "certified organic" one? Wouldn't it be the eggs it produces, not the chicken itself?
wink.png

In Middle TN I pay 21.50 for a 50 lb bag of organic layer feed, I also just bought chick starter for about the same price. I think chicks can be certified organic if the hen who layed them was fed an organic diet and no GMO. It is hard to certify organic because not only the feed has to be organic, the land they range on needs to be certified organic also.

Hello everyone. Took me a little while to get back on here. I purchased the chicks for a certified organic farm. Chickens are certified organic if they are feed organic feed from day 2. The chick starter feed is 27. The layer pellets are 23. I use green mountain feed. They are not a dual purpose bird, but you can eat anything I guess
roll.png
there just wont be a lot of meat on the bone
lau.gif
I have another flock of 13 that are mostly made up of dual purpose birds that I plan to eat once these girls start laying. I have a lot of different breeds so I could get a feel of which ones I wanted to get more of. I plan on starting an organic farm, so I will be in search of more organic birds in the future. I just wanted to start off small for now, and build up from there. Yes I did get them from Charlie. He seems like a nice guy and seemed like he doesn't mind handing out information. I'm very glad I met him. I was purchasing feed from other suppliers, but they wouldn't keep up with my demand so I ended up finding him which was great.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom