What else would these be?

cjweaver13

Chirping
Jun 18, 2021
Northeast Pennsylvania
Got 8 Isa brown chicks from TSC a month ago and there's clear differences between half of them. 3 have the lighter color pattern I was expecting to develop (1st photo), and the other 5 (2nd photo) look just like my Rhode island reds at his point. So wondering if TSC/Hoover's messed up or could they all be Isa pullets?

5F16CB48-82B7-49E9-9C83-624E6FEF157F.jpeg

Other picture didn't attach by the looks so here it is. But either way if so somebody really.messed up being supposedly sex links

View attachment 3483615
That hen looks like a Red Sex Link to me. Isa Browns are in that class with one parent effecting the name. It's often hard to tell the difference between these RSL breeds, so that's why I'm calling her one, but she's definitely in that class.

% Exactly but my concern is the other 5 like the first picture. They were also labeled as Isa but don't look like the other 3. Wondering if in a couple months I'll have to fall TSC or Hoover's back
Let them grow out a little more and see if they develop white feathering in their wings and/or tail. Some ISAs or sexlink pullets are almost completely red. Hard to tell in the picture what is going on (poor lighting). A side view of the darker birds in natural light would be helpful too. Also, I agree with the previous poster, I think 2 of the darker birds pictured are cockerels.

TSC and/or Hoovers will probably just tell you all their sexing is only guaranteed to be 90% accurate, but it can't hurt to ask. In this case, sounds like it's poor bin separation, or chick management at the store.

Back
Top Bottom