MY CHICKEN DISLIKES US

Crazy Chick Resort

In the Brooder
Apr 30, 2021
San Antonio Texas
SO, HERE I GO AGAIN. I HAVE TWO NEW 8 MONTH PULLETS I INTEGRATED WITH MY 3 YEAR OLD FLOCK. MY OLD FLOCK ARE SURVIVORS A AN ATTACK THAT HAPPENED LAST OCTOBER. SO, THE TWO NEW PULLETS CAME IN EARLY APRIL THIS YEAR. THE PROBLEM THE PERSON WHO SOLD THEM TO ME STATED THEY WERE THE SAME AGE, HOWEVER, ONE IS SLIGHTLY LARGER THAN THE OTHER. THE LARGER ONE KEEPS CLIMBING ON ONE OF MY OLD CHICKS AND JUST PULLS ON HER SO HARD. I AM UNABLE TO BE WITH THEM 27/7 BUT WHEN I HAVE SEEN IT, I SPRAYED HER WITH WATER AND SAY NO VERY FIRMLY, I HAVE ISOLATED HERE FROM THE OTHERS, WHICH DOES NOT SEEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO HER AND TODAY SHE JUMPED UP AND PECKED MY BACK SIDE. I FIGURE I MUST HAVE HAD WOOD SHAVING OR SOMETHING THAT ATTRACTED HER ATTENTION. I AM AT MY ENDS WITS WITH THE BEHAVIOR. ANY ADVICE PLEASE!! I AM SPENDING MORE TIME IN MY CHICKEN RUN THAN IN MY CRAFT ROOM THESE DAYS

Can you post a picture? Sounds like the behavior of a cockerel.
Good morning, its the one pecking the ground. The dark colored one is the chick she climbs on. Now, i have another one of my older chicks pecking on the brown one! My chick does not have a spur so I think she is a chick not a cockerel. Could I be wrong?
IMG_1766.jpeg

I am pretty new to having chickens. But the chicken in the photo seems to have more comb and wattle. If the 2 light brown are the same breed then I would say he is a boy
We have 2 Columbia Rock cross chickens now 14 weeks old and one of them turned out to be a cockerel

Attachments

• 20230718_101656.jpg
    20230718_101656.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 16
By chance has it crowed? Looks like a slow maturing cockerel. At 8months you’d see male trait feathers. If you can get a picture of him close up we can rule out if he’s a male or not.

I am pretty new to having chickens. But the chicken in the photo seems to have more comb and wattle. If the 2 light brown are the same breed then I would say he is a boy
We have 2 Columbia Rock cross chickens now 14 weeks old and one of them turned out to be a cockerel
Ok, I am afraid she may be a boy.. Do you know if all cockerels have spurs? This one does not. She walks up straight alot, however, she is afraid of my other older hens, just not that one.

By chance has it crowed? Looks like a slow maturing cockerel. At 8months you’d see male trait feathers. If you can get a picture of him close up we can rule out if he’s a male or not
By chance has it crowed? Looks like a slow maturing cockerel. At 8months you’d see male trait feathers. If you can get a picture of him close up we can rule out if he’s a male or not.
She has not crowed, but does make the same noises my other chicks make. Here is an upclose pic . The lady I bought her from stated she was an orpington and the the other was an americau my chick.jpg

Good morning, its the one pecking the ground. The dark colored one is the chick she climbs on. Now, i have another one of my older chicks pecking on the brown one! My chick does not have a spur so I think she is a chick not a cockerel. Could I be wrong?
View attachment 3590478
Ok, I am afraid she may be a boy.. Do you know if all cockerels have spurs? This one does not. She walks up straight alot, however, she is afraid of my other older hens, just not that one.
Ok, so I was in my room and heard a rooster! Come to find out, it was my pretty brown chick! (Roo). So now, I must re-home him (San Antonio, Texas). Any ideas?

Ok, so I was in my room and heard a rooster! Come to find out, it was my pretty brown chick! (Roo). So now, I must re-home him (San Antonio, Texas). Any ideas? I am absolutely not equipped to handle a rooster.

Back
Top Bottom