My chicken sang the egg song!

@Double Kindness Im sure its just as tastey as it looks but that would be just a little far for me to go for some pudding haha 5large eggs? wow! a handie recipe for when you have a patch of time where you cant face eating eggs in the boiled or scrambled or poached variety lol
Pick her up and on her front where her (my brains gone dead! whats the word?!) food sack thing is (oh my yes that is the best I can do!) if she is molting this area will be pinky red with no feathers or patches with out any.
Sorry for my brain fart but in my defence its 8am and iv just woken up!

I've yet to experience the "squat" or the egg song. Yet tues started my sequence of surprising Lil ladies. They are 3mo 1wk old and 3mo 3wk sets. Tues I got one egg, wed I got two, Thur I got none, and Friday I got one. I am in shock at how young they are spitting them out. I have three different types of eggs. Good Luck!

I've yet to experience the "squat" or the egg song. Yet tues started my sequence of surprising Lil ladies. They are 3mo 1wk old and 3mo 3wk sets. Tues I got one egg, wed I got two, Thur I got none, and Friday I got one. I am in shock at how young they are spitting them out. I have three different types of eggs. Good Luck!
They only do the squat if you approach them and try to pick them up. What breed are they? I read that smaller hens will start around 4months and larger breeds start around 6months although all of mine from silkies to sussex laid at 6 and 7 months old! It's all very exciting!

I pick all my chickens up. I try to spend a little quality time with all of them. 10 rir mix, 5 Wyandottes, 2 barred rocks, 2 black australorps, 2 barnevelders, 9 red sex link(only 8wk), 4 broad breasted bronze(8wk but huge babies)

Thats strange they dont squat then, thats how i new when mine were close to laying. I have two red sex link that are 3months, Iv found them to be growing bigger faster than my sussex girls did

Back
Top Bottom