My Chickens Drowned in a Flood! (UPDATED)

hugs.gif
Sorry about your chicks.

I feel so bad for you. That must have been horrible finding their little bodies. We have been having tornadoes, torrential rain and winds at gale force for almost two weeks. My chicks are eight weeks old, and until today they were in a temporary coop. I didn't sleep at all last night worrying about them. How their temporary shelter didn't blow away last night, I'll never know. They were fine, but I am so stressed out worrying about them. I am glad that I got black Australorps, because they are very cold hardy and love being out in the rain.

This crazy weather is driving me nuts. I live between two huge mountain ranges and that is supposed to stop tornadoes from forming, but there have been four touch down within 10 miles of me in the last week.

So sorry for the loss of your chicks after taking such good care of them. I have 38 babies that I am brooding now so I know how much they meant to you. Glad you want to get some more after your devastating loss. Time hopefully will heal , but make you appreciate your new babies.

I'm heartbroken with you! Last night as that huge storm line headed my way I was wondering about all the BYC'ers and how they were holding up. I saw the thread the other night about the BYC'er who had a tornado and he lost a lot of his flock, too... I dreamed of tornadoes hitting all around me. Ugh. This horrible weather will pass, it must. I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm so very glad that you and your family are okay.
hugs.gif

Happy to report that I put the shingles on the coop tonight! I plan on starting my next brood next week. I am having trouble locating chics though, and most hatcheries want to sell 25 as a minimum. I really don't want more then 4-6 in that coop for the winter though.

Back
Top Bottom