my chickens havent layed an egg yet

yep- they should be laying. Good chance there's a hidden nest out there if allowed to free range. Another way you can get a good idea is to pick one of them up and feel the spacing between her pelvic bones below the vent. If you can fit 2-3 fingers between the space, she's probably laying. If you can get only one finger width between the space- she's likely not laying. Make sure there's plenty of fresh water.

Also- are your chicken fat? Feeding too much corn (it's mostly carbs and low protein) can make them too fat and reduces production and can cause delays. May supplement with a higher protein for a few weeks- like 20%

Well i feed them corn most of the time also onion peper cabbage and a bit of meat three times a week

That diet is lacking an appropriate protein and calcium content - which will impact production and quality of eggs....are they free ranging birds who are taking in forage and, if so, what are the primary components of the forage they have available to them?

i'm so glad you joined,now you will be able to see what they need and have an awesome support flock
hugs.gif

Yes they are free ranging birds and i think the primary component is ants because their floor is full of grass and a bit of sand/soil

Back
Top Bottom