TherealZiggy

In the Brooder
Jan 25, 2018
Tipton, IN
I just wanted to post a picture of my chicks. They will be 4 weeks old tomorrow and they are doing great. They are eating, drinking, scratching and having fun. I plan on moving them to their new coop in 2 - 3 weeks, depending on the weather.
I have 4 golden laced polish and one is supposed to be a rooster. Is it to early to tell the rooster from the hens. I also have some Ameraucana and black Sumatra. I know which Ameraucana is the rooster but the others I have know idea. I know it is tough but any input helps.

Sorry here's the picture. Not the best.

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_084025.jpg
    IMG_20180424_084025.jpg
    426.7 KB · Views: 21
What you are doing is fantastic! I am awaiting the responses as I would like to know this information as well.
I raised chickens for eggs when I was a kid but we never had a rooster because all we needed was laying hens. I was a 10 year member of 4H and my children were 10 year members as well. I took a break from 4H after my last child finished but the idea of doing this program came from a child in the grocery store. She asked her mom where hamburger came from and her mom said cows but she didn't realize it was the muscle of the cow. She thought hamburger was a part of the cow lol! So I thought that chickens would be a great animal to help teach children about life, especially children who grow up in town or handicap children who can't handle a larger animal.

These are poor pictures but here is a picture of my Ameraucana rooster and one of two hens. That is a chunk of grass and dirt and they love it. They are getting their first taste of out doors

Attachments

• IMG_20180424_104514.jpg
    IMG_20180424_104514.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom