My chicks!

ccollins32

Hatching
6 Years
May 20, 2013
I'm an elementary teacher and trying to hatch eggs for the first time. I have only 8 eggs and have done everything by the book. Today is day 22 and no signs of hatching. I've used the hova bator incubator. I've kept the water on it like it says.... Any advice? The kids are expecting chicks today :( thanks!!

I'm an elementary teacher and trying to hatch eggs for the first time. I have only 8 eggs and have done everything by the book. Today is day 22 and no signs of hatching. I've used the hova bator incubator. I've kept the water on it like it says.... Any advice? The kids are expecting chicks today :( thanks!!
I'll tell you what to do. Open the incubator and peck on the eggs. In the wild hens will peck on their eggs to tell the chicks to come (I am an animal freak. I'll set in the middle of my chicken run and watch them run around and do chicken stuff or sit in the chicken house and watch hens hatch their chicks) when my chicks were late I would peck on them and listen. Every peck I made, a chirp or peep they would make. After the pecking I done the chicks started peeping and chirping like crazy. They hatched late that evening. All of them. This method never fails me. It always works.

Greetings from Kansas, ccollin32, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined us! Hope you get some hatchlings soon!!

welcome-byc.gif
chicks don't always arrive on time - if the temps were a bit low during incubation they could run later. Don't give up the ship. Make some chicken noises around them and see is any respond.

Th

I'll tell you what to do. Open the incubator and peck on the eggs. In the wild hens will peck on their eggs to tell the chicks to come (I am an animal freak. I'll set in the middle of my chicken run and watch them run around and do chicken stuff or sit in the chicken house and watch hens hatch their chicks) when my chicks were late I would peck on them and listen. Every peck I made, a chirp or peep they would make. After the pecking I done the chicks started peeping and chirping like crazy. They hatched late that evening. All of them. This method never fails me. It always works

Thank you so much. I played a YouTube video of hens clucking and pecked them. 3 hours later an egg cracked!! I'm so excited. Your advice was awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom