My Christmas Ornament Eggs :)

Hi! I found that the eggs finished with *just* Mod Podge want to stick to each other / other things, so now I make sure to spray them with clear coat (clear acrylic gloss) as a final finish.
Then, I read the instructions on the bottle of Mod Podge and it says "To eliminate tackiness, apply Clear Acrylic Sealer over cured Mod Podge."
Wish I'd read that before.
smile.png

Quote:
That's really curious b/c I've never found that problem with any of my egg ornaments and I've been making them for years.
hu.gif

Hmmm...gonna have to check out my bottle of Modge Podge. Mine haven't seemed tacky either. I wonder if humidity factors in different locations could affect this though??? And I know there were two diff. kinds of MP available. I went with the gloss kind. Maybe the other??? But I still want to experiment with the acrylic spray anyhow, just to compare it to Modge Podge.
smile.png

Quote:
where on earth did you find that chicken rub on??? I LOVE it!! ps I voted for your tree:)

I found it at Michael's Crafts last Christmas. Thanks for your support for the Egg Tree sonew123.
wink.png

This was a nice stroll down memory lane!!!
I'm still making my egg ornament 4 years later for our annual craft show...since then Ive been asked if I would wholesale them;) the local news put them on TV as well, featuring them at a craft show...I work on them all year long when I have time and save only the eggs that have great coloration and size. Heres a batch I was prepping at 4 am this morning...theybare dry now and waiting end caps and ribbons...

I know xactly which girls lay what eggs.

Im officially the crazy chicken egg lady at the shows:) I even have followers that buy a new ornament every year for their trees. keeps me on my toes and forever searching for new designs and such.

Owe it all to Miss Prissy...Thank you...

Hey April!! Ummm all over!! I look all year long for just the right ones...the butterflys came from jaonne fabric? The snowman and cardinals came from a garage sale..the gold ones from and online store....ezeerubons??

Back
Top Bottom