My coop and run area for my girls!

Ariel188

Songster
11 Years
May 31, 2012
Southern CA
I started with one coop, but due to CHICKEN MATH another was added on. The 2 coops have a door in the middle that I can close to separate off or not. Dust bath pool with umbrella cover so it doesn't get wet from rain. A green/weed growing box that they can eat when it grows tall enough though the mesh. Another box with grass, veggie and fruit scraps thrown in. There is also a automatic chicken door called Ador1 that opens and closes in the AM and PM so I don't have to worry about it. Also automatic nipple waterer installed directly into pipes called The Chicken Fountain, so the water is always clean, fresh, and cool! 15 happy girls!

To see to brooder they were raised them go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ders-and-what-makes-raising-chicks-way-easier

To see the girls now go here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...n-brooders-and-outside-in-coops#post_14860093

Last edited:
It looks like you've used your space very efficiently, nice job.
thumbsup.gif

Nice. What kind of dog is that, and how does it do with the birds? We're looking into getting a puppy, ourselves, but we've pretty much resigned ourselves to forcing the dog and chickens to take turns with the yard.

Nice. What kind of dog is that, and how does it do with the birds? We're looking into getting a puppy, ourselves, but we've pretty much resigned ourselves to forcing the dog and chickens to take turns with the yard.
My dog is EXCELLENT with the chickens, she is so sweet and calm, she would NEVER hurt them! She knows they are part of the pack. She is rare here in the US. Her breed is called an Eurasier. If you look up the breed you will want one for sure. If you are really are interested PM me and I can put you into contact with breeders. They are $1700 for a puppy. :)

How do you deal with the flies with the coops being so close to your house? Where in So. Cali are you? Your chicks are beautiful.
Funny you ask that, we have LOTS of fly swatters in the house, lol. Yeah we do get more flys in the summer. The door you can see in the coop area goes to our garage so its not directly into out home. We are near San Diego.

Funny you ask that, we have LOTS of fly swatters in the house, lol. Yeah we do get more flys in the summer. The door you can see in the coop area goes to our garage so its not directly into out home. We are near San Diego

That's good. My chickens are behind my garage too and my husband constantly complains of flies, even though I clean a lot. I blame the dogs for the flies myself LOL

Back
Top Bottom