My Coop Project (Pic Heavy)

Last night I trapped another coon. That is 3 coon and a possum in a few weeks. I am not sure if there are any more coons, as I have trapped all of the ones that have been seen around by my surrounding neighbors. Setting the trap here and there would be wise though, I am thinking. Remember, I live in a subdivision in the village!!

My wife has been smelling skunk a few times in the last week. I might try to catch it, although recovering and dispatching could be tricky!! I have to admit, the trapping aspect of this is almost as fun as raising the girls!

Sal

48e48641-ac5a-af51.jpg

The new roosts ... it won't let me post it on my thread....

Last night I trapped another coon. That is 3 coon and a possum in a few weeks. I am not sure if there are any more coons, as I have trapped all of the ones that have been seen around by my surrounding neighbors. Setting the trap here and there would be wise though, I am thinking. Remember, I live in a subdivision in the village!!

My wife has been smelling skunk a few times in the last week. I might try to catch it, although recovering and dispatching could be tricky!! I have to admit, the trapping aspect of this is almost as fun as raising the girls!

Sal

Contact a trapping supply store..they have kits for dispatching skunks. Very simple and if you are careful when you approach the trapped animal, smell free. I finally broke down and got one of the kits, I used to trap anywhere from 3 to 12 skunks in a season.

Contact a trapping supply store..they have kits for dispatching skunks. Very simple and if you are careful when you approach the trapped animal, smell free. I finally broke down and got one of the kits, I used to trap anywhere from 3 to 12 skunks in a season.
Right on! I wonder how many "things" are coming in my yard at night??? What is good bait for luring skunks in?

Right on! I wonder how many "things" are coming in my yard at night??? What is good bait for luring skunks in?

I never set specifically for skunks...they were incidental catches in sets that I made for Raccoons, Foxes and Coyotes. Dirt hole set was a very good skunk producer. I'd catch quite a few, until their numbers reduced down to where I could start consistently catching my target species.

I never set specifically for skunks...they were incidental catches in sets that I made for Raccoons, Foxes and Coyotes. Dirt hole set was a very good skunk producer. I'd catch quite a few, until their numbers reduced down to where I could start consistently catching my target species.
Gotcha. Well, I am catching coons almost every time I set up the trap. Got my 4th last night. A little guy, but a coon nonetheless. There are tracks all around my coop every night. there are many trees around my coop so the rain (not that there has been any!) doesn't reach the soil. Therefore, the ground is like dust and everything leaves prints. The coons are checking the hen house every night for me to slip up! They are also coming to eat out of my compost pile. This is where I am setting the trap and it works every time! One night I didn't catch one, only one night! Tonight I will reset...

Sal

Gotcha. Well, I am catching coons almost every time I set up the trap. Got my 4th last night. A little guy, but a coon nonetheless. There are tracks all around my coop every night. there are many trees around my coop so the rain (not that there has been any!) doesn't reach the soil. Therefore, the ground is like dust and everything leaves prints. The coons are checking the hen house every night for me to slip up! They are also coming to eat out of my compost pile. This is where I am setting the trap and it works every time! One night I didn't catch one, only one night! Tonight I will reset...

Sal

I'll post what I do for Coon using box traps.

Back
Top Bottom