My Crop Tube Feeding Journey With My Bird (Pics For Visuals- VERY detailed Post)

If you oil the plungers to your syringes after cleaning they will last much longer. Just oil the sidess of the rubber part that comes in contact with the plastic syringe :) I'm a home care nurse and have a few tricks up my sleeve lol.Thanks so much for all the great tips !

If you oil the plungers to your syringes after cleaning they will last much longer. Just oil the sidess of the rubber part that comes in contact with the plastic syringe
smile.png
I'm a home care nurse and have a few tricks up my sleeve lol.Thanks so much for all the great tips !
I use mineral oil on mine and I've also found a brand that lasts way longer than monojetc brand, I'll post that later.

-Kathy

Great write up! Thanks so much.
I may have to do this today. Have a sick gal and she's refusing everything.
I posted about her in another link/thread in this disease topic area, if anyone is interested in trying to help out.
I just wanted to thank you for writing this all up so well.
Fingers crossed that I'm not too late!

Marilyn was very pale this morning! Didnt want to eat or drink. I tube fed 60 cc's eggs crumbles yogurt and grits with water. I had given 30 cc vit water by syringe earlier. My tube fdg set up worked and she tolerated it. She gasps a little after filling her crop that full, but no other symptoms. Sleeping in front of heater now :) Kathy, can I give her greens to bring up her hemoglobin? I am already giving vitamin plus water. Am sure she is anemic from the mites. I'm not afraid to make up funky concoctions to tube feed her if they will help her get better !! She WANTS to walk, but cant soo sooo sad :(

She's eating!!! Gourmet food but she is eating... let her get hungry. She started pecking at me so I put a drop out on the big syringe and she ate from the syringe. Mixed the liquid stuff with some cooked rice and she is eating it. Keeping her warm in a tote on a heating pad with a heater. Her poop is getting more solid like normal too.

Back
Top Bottom