My daughter's pet turkeys are sick

divineavon

Hatching
Jan 6, 2019
Bare with me this had been a long day. My daughter has 2 pet turkeys. One now has an upper respiratory issue, a stuck broken blood feather that is not bleeding, and possible coccodosis. The other has coccodosis. Please tell me there is done way to save these two. She is incredibly attached and blaming herself because she left their care to roommates, because she was overloaded at work.

I would get corid for the coccodosis. Blue kote for the feathers. And I hope someone else will know what to do for the respitory infection.
Good luck and sorry!

I would get corid for the coccodosis. Blue kote for the feathers. And I hope someone else will know what to do for the respitory infection.
Good luck and sorry!
Thanks. I hate seeing her this upset. She has raised them for the last year. She has the med for the coccodosis. Just dont know how to treat both at the same time. And none of our vets are available that handle turkeys.

Corid is put into the water. Dosage is 10 ml (2 tsp) of the liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water, as their only source, for 5-7 days. You may also give a few drops of the undiluted Corid orally to jump start them at 0.1 ml per pound twice a day.

Also, get some Tylan 50 injectable at your feed store, for the respiratory issue, along with some 3 ml syringes with 18 or 20 gauge short needles to withdraw the Tylan from the vial. Dosage is ORAL and 1/4 ml per pound 3 times daily for up to 5 days. Do not give injections since it can damage the breast muscle at the injection site.

Hopefully more turkey people will chime in.

Corid is put into the water. Dosage is 10 ml (2 tsp) of the liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder Corid per gallon of water, as their only source, for 5-7 days. You may also give a few drops of the undiluted Corid orally to jump start them at 0.1 ml per pound twice a day.

Also, get some Tylan 50 injectable at your feed store, for the respiratory issue, along with some 3 ml syringes with 18 or 20 gauge short needles to withdraw the Tylan from the vial. Dosage is ORAL and 1/4 ml per pound 3 times daily for up to 5 days. Do not give injections since it can damage the breast muscle at the injection site.

Hopefully more turkey people will chime in.
Thank you. She was at the farm supply store and whatever meds they had, she was told she couldn't combine them. I am sending her this.

Yes, they can be given at the same time. Tylan is given orally, and the Corid is given in the water. Many do this all the time.

Back
Top Bottom