My Dog Eats Chicken Poo

orrpeople

Grading essays - be back soon!
6 Years
Jun 15, 2016
State of Jefferson
I have the best dogs when it comes to chasing predatory creatures away from my flock. They hang out with my "girls"in the yard and seem to genuinely like being with them. One of them, a Bull terrier/Kelpie cross named Zoomer (best running companion, ever!), also sees his birds as living treat dispensers. I catch him in their night enclosure sneaking snacks. I see him out in the orchard grabbing a bite here and there. Granted, he makes my clean up job easier, but this can't possibly be healthy for him, right? I'm not sure there's a solution, since I want him out protecting the ladies, but maybe someone else has this problem and can share insight?? Btw...Zoomers kisses are shunned by the family now as he is aptly nicknamed
"Mr. Poo-Breath."

I have 2 dogs that do the same thing. I just shiver and try to prevent this but it's hard when I want my "girls" to have free access in the back yard.

My dog licks the roost like it's a popsicle when I set it out for cleaning. Disgusting but they love it. I guess we just have $___ eating dogs
big_smile.png

My dog licks the roost like it's a popsicle when I set it out for cleaning.  Disgusting but they love it.  I guess we just have $___ eating dogs:D

Oh my, I laughed so hard when I read this...well, you are all making me feel better about Mr.Poo-Breath.

One of my dogs would clean the bottom of our shoes after we came in from the chicken enclosure. So we started scraping off our boots out on the driveway. He'd then eat the scrapings off the driveway. Now we're scraping off in the gravel and burying it, or in the flower beds, or anywhere else we can hide it, in a mad attempt to cover it up as much as possible so he can't just sit there and chow down.

Last edited:
I've been reading these great responses to my family - I don't think we've laughed this much in a while. We also no longer feel like we have a mutant in the yard!
1f601.png

smile.png
Great thing with dogs is they're not shy about letting you know when you're slacking in your boot scraping duties. If I forget even once, I find a well licked spot or two in our entryway (currently having work done in the house, so there's cardboard down on the floor. Lick marks show up really well on that!)

Back
Top Bottom