My dog is gone!

justduckie

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 30, 2007
We have a scottie that is a year old - Seamus. We also have 2 big dogs - a rottie and a 1/2 german shepard, 1/2 american bulldog - and they were all on an electric under ground fence collar. Well the scottie discovered that he could run fast enough to get past the "shock zone" and run off.

So we tried everything from buying a "stubbord dog" collar to finally put him on a chain. We recently had him groomed and had the hair on his neck trimmed really short so we could re-adjust the width of the "shock zone" and the metal part of the collar would have better contact.

Since it's the weekend and we could watch him, we put the new collar on, also put on a new harness with all his ID tags on it so in case he escaped and someone found him, they could call (one of the tags has his name and our home phone #) and let him out. I watch him and saw him get shocked and he was staying in the fence. I watched him for a long time, went in to answer nature's call
wink.png
then came back out about 20 minutes later and he was gone.
hmm.png

I figured he couldn't have gone too far, so I started calling him and looking around. I walked all over the hill, no dog. I drove all around our subdivision, no dog. I called animal control to see if they had him or anyone had reported him, no dog.
sad.png

He has NEVER taken off like this and not come home. And if anyone had found him, our # is on his harness! Surely someone would call? I'm going to keep in touch with animal control just in case. I'm so afraid some one saw him and thought, "what a cute dog! Lets take him home......"

Tomorrow morning I'm taking my horse out to make sure he didn't get hit and is in a ditch some where. I don't think he is......we drove all over the place, slowly, looking everywhere.

I'm hoping he shows back up soon.

Oh! I hope your dog returns! It's awful when your dog disappears... mine did - twice - and both times he didn't go far, but I have a few less chickens because of it
sad.png

Check your areas Craigslist lost and found section. I know that up here in Flagstaff, people are really good about posting found dog ads real quick. Hope you find your pup.

He came home late, late last night.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I was so worried I kept getting up and going outside checking. I would call his name and stop and listen for the jingle of his tags. About midnight, I called and......

jingle, jingle

:eek:

I called again and thought I could see him (being black and it was dark, it was hard to tell.
tongue.png
) I went out to the driveway and called again and he came running from behind the garage. He didn't want to come to me, probably thought he was in trouble, but I grabbed him and he was shaking so bad!
sad.png
It was COLD last night and he never spends the night outside. I got him inside, rubbed him down and got him warmed up and he was so happy!

Unfortunately, it's back on the chain during the day for him until we can figure out how to keep him home. I think we are going to have to build him a run. But it's going to have either a cement floor or buried fence because he likes to dig. Kind of like a doggie jail.
sad.png
and he won't be able to play with the other two dogs. But I have to get him off that chain!

Oh yey, I only had to worry for about 10 seconds! I am very happy you found your poor puppy. Give him a good spank on butt and send him to bed without dessert
old.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
When we are home, he is inside. But we both work and he is NOT a good dog inside by himself. He gets bored and even if he is kept in the kitchen (we have gates on both entries) he climbs on things, tears things up and then pees on them!
hmm.png
Yep, we've tried keeping him inside by himself.

He has a really nice dog house outside, good water and food, he's just on a chain.
sad.png
Our one dog will come and play with him, so he doesn't feel quite so lonely.

We are just stumped.

Back
Top Bottom