My duck has this weird wound on his feet

Naiva80512

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Hi guys..My Pekin duck recently has this black and red scars on his feet..Idk what is this..I put some ointment on it but i guess it's getting worse(I'm not sure yet)...Is this a fungal infection or bacterial infection? And should i gave him antibiotics?
1000583299.jpg
1000583298.jpg

looks like a little scrape . you can soak his feet in lukewarm epsom salt water (but dont let him drink any) and then put some antibiotic ointment like neosporin - but not the kind with pain relief added -
Or you could spray it with vetericyn - either way it should heal up soon. just check it daily and if it looks to get worse then i would start bandaging after the soaking and ointment sessions, and keep him out of mud

looks like a little scrape . you can soak his feet in lukewarm epsom salt water (but dont let him drink any) and then put some antibiotic ointment like neosporin - but not the kind with pain relief added -
Or you could spray it with vetericyn - either way it should heal up soon. just check it daily and if it looks to get worse then i would start bandaging after the soaking and ointment sessions, and keep him out of mud
Thx a lot for your help.

Back
Top Bottom