My duck passed away last night

Dilpretzal

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2023
After being unwell yesterday Puddles was found this morning stiff in her house. Waddles is confused and keeps walking back to her house to get Puddles but she isn’t here anymore. I’m heartbroken, I don’t have it in me to go out and check.

I’ve contacted the farm where I bought them from almost a year ago and I’m going to get a companion for Waddles as soon as I can. This is the first time I have ever dealt with bereavement, I just don’t know what to do.

I am so sorry about your loss -- and Waddles' loss -- of Puddles.

I believe that while animals may not understand all the implications of death, they do have a rudimentary understanding. When one of mine passes, I let the others see and sniff the body so they know their friend is gone.

Good for you contacting the farm to get another friend for Waddles. It may take a while for Waddles to warm up to her new companion. I suspect you will grieve longer.

Take care of the both of you, and take comfort in knowing you gave Puddles the best life you could. Remember, it only hurts if you've lost someone or something that you loved.

I am so sorry about your loss -- and Waddles' loss -- of Puddles.

I believe that while animals may not understand all the implications of death, they do have a rudimentary understanding. When one of mine passes, I let the others see and sniff the body so they know their friend is gone.

Good for you contacting the farm to get another friend for Waddles. It may take a while for Waddles to warm up to her new companion. I suspect you will grieve longer.

Take care of the both of you, and take comfort in knowing you gave Puddles the best life you could. Remember, it only hurts if you've lost someone or something that you loved.
This was very helpful for me to read, thank you 💓very appreciated during this difficult time.

So sorry to hear this. Our critters are our babies, and when one leaves suddenly, and so young, it takes a piece of our heart with them. But that piece is replaced by one from your beloved pet and this way you will always be together.

Yes, it hurts until it heals, and every now and then you'll feel a pang, but know that this is just Puddles' heart reminding you she's still there with you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom