my ducks won't lay eggs??? PLEASE HELP!

well i was wondering how do you guys get your ducks to lay i got mine in august and they just do not want to lay.

I have the same ducks as you. It may be because they are 2 different breeds. I have 2 Ancona maize (male and female) and 1 of the other duck (female) but only the female of the Ancona maize lays the eggs

Oh my gosh! Thanks! I bought a pair of Welsh Harlequin hens that were hatched in the spring, and was worried because they seem happy but don't lay. Everyone else I talked to seemed to think Harlequins should start laying 5 months in and I've been pestering other owners and feed store workers with dietary questions. This actually makes me hopeful that maybe everything's actually normal.

Quote:

Last edited:
The Duck ABC's

This is exactly what I was going to say! the only difference is that mine have stopped laying just about 2 weeks ago because I live in North Idaho and the temp is now in the single digits and i refuse to coop them up just so i can put a light on them but other than that they lay year around.

I have a male and female Muscovy 10 months old. They started mating almost everyday for 2 months now, up to now I can't see an egg. Help!!
I'm living in the tropics where its warm all year round.

Last edited:
I have a male and female Muscovy 10 months old. They started mating almost everyday for 2 months now, up to now I can't see an egg. Help!!
I'm living in the tropics where its warm all year round.
Do they roam over a wide area? they are excellent at hiding nests, Or she may just be as close to laying as she can be, My Muscovy' s are usually 8-9 months old before they begin to lay, so hopefully you'll see some eggs soon. Are you feeding layer?

They roam just in the yard, I search everywhere everyday.am not feeding any layer. Do you think I should?
either a layer or offer oyster shell separate so she can eat it as needed. The drake won't eat the OyShell, I'd say just be patient the eggs will come I've never heard of a barren Muscovy, but if the drake is mating her relentlessly that can post pone eggs too, you might want to think of adding a few more ducks.

Back
Top Bottom