My EE tried to escape today! (with pics)

Cute shots and story!
smile.png

I have a few birds like that..little trouble makers
wink.png
...they go over any fence i have..i'm hoping that they dont teach the other girls how to fly the coop.

Quote:
I spend a lot of time sitting in the backyard with my chicks. I have been an unemployed construction worker since March, so I have a lot of free time on my hands. I quickly learned that by the time I run into the house to get the camera, the moment will already have passed. So now I almost always take it with me when I am going to visit the flock. They always seem to do something that is special. I then just have to try and capture it. Sometimes I just wish they would hold still for a little longer.

OK...I'm a newby...EE?

She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! The neck feathers...wow.

I'll go research in breeds, but if someone posts what EE is first, you win! LOL:p

UPDATE: She's an easter egger?!?!

Last edited:
Bella looks like quite a character, you can see the wheels turning in her brain, I'm sure she is up to no good. Maybe planning a bank heist. Probably to support the homestead. Wow, what a chicken!!
clap.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png
You are right about Bella, drumstick. She is the smallest of the first four chicks I got as babies. Yet she seems to be the bully of the flock, always fighting with the Jersey Giants. I have tried to tell her that they are going to eventually be a lot bigger than her, but she just doesn't care.

lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Those pics were hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your EE is a lovely girl indeed and those are some intense pictures. The very color-rich. I think she knew she looked good next to the scarecrow - he showed off her colors well.

I have a EE that looks just like that! I have been wondering if it was a roo or not becuase of the gold and black feathers (roos are usually brightly colored right?). That and they seem kinda pointed. Ginger is about 2-3 months old (can't tell). What do you think?

42035_img00231.jpg

and

42035_img00229.jpg

I really hope it is a pullet, it is illegal for me to have rooster in our city. I would hate to get rid of Ginger.
I have submitted these pics to the what breed or gender section but I would like a second opinion. Thanks and what a pretty girl you have! Funny post!

Back
Top Bottom