My EEs egg color changed from blue to brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your input Jean. The other EE doesn't lay blue. Again, I appreciate that you are free to voice your opinion. Unfortunately you are still wrong. It may take some time, but I will get it on video for you.

I'm well aware that chickens have one oviduct. Two oviducts wouldn't be necessary for the chimera theory and a quick cursory investigation shows that chimeras are fairly common in the chicken world.

smile.png

* Be friendly and courteous to all members at all times.

7. No Fighting. Taking a personal conflict to the forum is unacceptable. "I'm right, you're wrong" threads and posts will be edited or deleted.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto.

I know exactly who lays which egg. I have sat out in my coop and watched my girls take turns using the nest. I take each egg out after they are layed and actually took pictures. (didnt have anything else to do on a rainy day)
lol.png

Quote:

There are other breeds which lay blue eggs (or green), such as Cream Legbars, Shetland chickens & others.

Dont thinks that is what they meant.. They are saying Ameracauana and Aracuanas etc will not change their egg colors.. HOWEVER EE"s are not pure
hide.gif
.. so both genes could be carried and therefore theres a funky color laying chicken..

Personally, its not my place to judge whether or not the eggs are from two hens.. But I do know when she says " SHE WATCHED HER LAY BOTH OF THEM" I have to go with the fact she "knows" whats she's talking about. Waiting to see what egg comes next
pop.gif

And yes.. some of us sit and watch our chickens all day.. I know which egg comes from my hens, for the first month of having them I got lucky and got to catch them all laying eggs..

BYC staff spend a TON of time and energy to keep the forum running smoothly. How BYC staff moderate is never a topic for open discussion on the forum. If you have any questions or feedback on moderation it should be addressed to the Administrator or the specific moderator via email or private message.
* Do not post threads questioning moderation.
* If a topic is closed or removed do not, under any circumstances, re-post the same topic or material. If you have any questions as to why a thread was closed or removed please contact a BYC staff member.​

Last edited by a moderator:
pop.gif
Interesting! I will be watching my chicken's behinds more closely from now on.
roll.png

I've noticed their eggs change in tint, but not in hue, at least not yet.

You know, here's a thought - I have Ameraucanas and EEs. Every now and then, one of my EEs lays an eggshell that is a bit thinner than she normally lays (yes, they have access to free-choice oyster shell and yes, they are on layer feed). When she lays the thinner shelled eggs, they do appear to be tan, but otherwise, they are green. Could it be the tan egg is thinner shelled?

Hardboiled, your EE is a beautiful girl, btw!
love.gif

I hadn't seen one colored quite like that before.

I believe eggs change colors all the time. I have a pure black ameraucana who used to lay green eggs - well she's 2 now and her eggs are practically white w/ a small green tint.
hmm.png

Yes, she is! I love EEs. They're the bestest!

FWIW...Jean's not trying to be snotty...she's trying to inform in a straightforward way. She's a very helpful person - really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom