My favorite thing about my ChickNCam...

As far as the freezing - my PC runs really smoothly since I put 2GB of RAM in it. I specifically upgraded the RAM to do the webcams and it seems to handle the processing load pretty well...

You don't need a 'mega server' type PC to broadcast, but the more RAM you can stack in there, the better.

My all time FAVORITE thing about my webcam was running it when the eggs were hatching - I haven't had that much fun in a LONG time as sitting here and chatting with my BYC crew while they were hatching that night...

I'm maxed out on chicks right now, but really want to fire up the bator again just to have something fun for us all to enjoy together!

they're all hunkered down under the cam...
sad.png

Bawk, you should have been around 3 weeks ago when those babies in the brooder were hatching out.

I had the webcam in the incubator and we had great fun watching them coming into the world!

They are tending to snooze under the cam. Never fails. I'll try moving the light over a bit so the cam is in the really warm end of the brooder and maybe that will encourage them to go to the other end for a bit.

Yep - it's rather warm today - already in the 50s and heading towards 70 by this afternoon. Still foggy though - but they are calling for sunny skies once the fog burns off.

If you see anyone head in to the coop for a while...let me know....still waiting for that first egg....

That one partridge seems to be in the middle of all the squabbles - he goes around all day picking fights.

I think he MUST be a HE - if it continues he'll be the first to go! He's a beauty though - a huge black crest and a nice even partridge color.

I'm suspicious that 4-5 of the 10 silkies are boys.... Can't keep that many roos so will have to get it down to a more calm and managable number at some point. They are 8 weeks old now.

Back
Top Bottom