My first hatch and oh so amazing" Thanks to BYC " we did it.. Can't tell but I'm a happy mom showing

Baby # 3 is here wow they are flying out the shells now so much faster than the first batch its was a fan and this one doesn't have a fan but this one was dry till yesterday cause the humidity was higher cause of weather

Ok I dont know what is going on here but 2 of the 5 that have hatched have had this stuff on their but looking like a umbilical cord but it came off eventually but now this one looks different I dont think it is the yolk but it dont look like the others after hatch and it looks like it was going back in the bottom half of the shell... some then it came out more and I saw this.. can any one tell me what is going on here... please.. this is almost day 20 I cant get the pics to load but it is in the small end of the shell and it is pink jelly like stuff that it is trying to free from ... I am going back to check on it now

#6 has a drying umbilical cord that is pretty long and a couple of the others have the dried cord stuck to them but more are pip but not zipped yet

It's sounds like just the membrane to me. My very first hatchling had the "cord" and egg gunk stuck to it. What were you running at for humidity during incubation and hatch? My last hatch, I think 3/4 hatched out on day 20 (a good share of them pipped day 19) and the rest hatched out on day 21.

I was told by my aunt because I was using the still air incubator that it may be best to dry incubate and up the humidity for lock down it was at 74% 101-102 temp but I upped the humidity @300 pm on the 18 day my first chick came around 415pm day 19 which was on the 3/1/15 now I'm trying to save one that is like glued in the shell all have been sticking

I was told by my aunt because I was using the still air incubator that it may be best to dry incubate and up the humidity for lock down it was at 74% 101-102 temp but I upped the humidity @300 pm on the 18 day my first chick came around 415pm day 19 which was on the 3/1/15 now I'm trying to save one that is like glued in the shell all have been sticking
I do dry incubation as long as the humidity is above 25% in the bator w/out water. My fall hatch I did completely dry days 1-17 but my bator averaged 40% dry. This Easter hatch I won't be able to run completely dry because right now w/o water my bator is showing 20-24% so I will need to add water. No matter what kind of hatch you do, (dry or standard) the best way to know if your humidity is sufficiant is to monitor the air cells. When you monitor the air cells you will know if you need more/less humidity or if your humidity is fine. You may have needed a bit more humidity if dry was under 25%. I prefer dry myself, not as easy to do dry in winter when the air is naturally less humid and your home heating source is wood pellets, I also up my humidity to around 75% at hatch.

Back
Top Bottom