My first hawk attack today and dealing with the guilt....

I wish there was one you didn't need to go thru the web with.
I have DSL internet that comes in thru the landline and then goes wireless via a router to my laptop.
I figured the camera signal could go thru the router directly to my laptop....but just don't know enough to make it work.

I am not sure of my set up. I have no idea if I have DSL or cable. I think DSL as my router does go into my phone line. Check the amazon website reviews. I plugged the camera into my router till I got the wireless signal. Then you pull up the camera to view using your ip address. Mine is not connected to a web page that I can view it anywhere. There are free sites, but I only need to see it from home.

Hmmmm......that sounds, like the first time I set up my wireless router, pretty easy. I may have to spring for the camera, maybe justify as a holiday present to myself. Does it come with software to veiw and record video?
Yes it comes with the software.
Presents to oneself is always a great idea!
celebrate.gif

I am not sure of my set up. I have no idea if I have DSL or cable. I think DSL as my router does go into my phone line. Check the amazon website reviews. I plugged the camera into my router till I got the wireless signal. Then you pull up the camera to view using your ip address. Mine is not connected to a web page that I can view it anywhere. There are free sites, but I only need to see it from home.
I also connected it to my router based on the directions someone posted on the Amazon reviews!

There is some stuff you can get at tractor supply for "horse" wounds and deep wounds it's a gel and you can put it on the wound and it really helps heal it. I'm not at my house right now but can check the name as soon as I get back if you wish.

My Ador1 auto chicken door open at dusk, and auto closed at dark. This door is on gears like a garage door so that a predator can't push the door up and open it. The camera allows me to see that the door shut without going back outside.
caf.gif

OPEN

Closed

Last edited:
To keep my pet chickens safe, I. bought two Peck and Plays from Murray McMurray
in Webster City Iowa. They cost $50 each. I put 2 hens in each. A good investment
I believe. Be sure to put water in them. I also put large garden blocks all around the
bottom of my coop to try to keep coyotes out. I enclose then in the roosting area
at night and put in an automatic Zenith light aimed at the coop, so sensitive that even
rabbits set it off. Got that at Lowes. The bulbs cost $25 each.
Egad--what we Hobby farmers will spend on our animals. Last week had a $151.00
vet bill, when Piper, the large black Bantam got a chicken respiratory problem.
She is fine now after medication and living a week in the warm utility room.:)

Back
Top Bottom