my first turkeys

3acres

Songster
7 Years
Jan 19, 2013
Missouri
First I want to say thanks for posting all this info! I'm learning a lot!

They just came this morning! 6 BR's and 5 BBB's.

I was scared to death I wouldn't be able to get them to eat and drink....luckily I think I got smart ones. They have all already ate and drank. I believe I am going to love raising turkeys! I'm going to be checking on them every few minutes in the days to come....
big_smile.png

This one is only happy when I'm standing over it making turkey noises. Puts him/her right to sleep...
big_smile.png

This tuperware turned upside down seems to be a huge hit with them. They don't all peck at the food on the ground as they walk by, but they do at the individual pieces around the edges up on this tuperware every time they go by.

Many of mine like it when I use the red base from the waterer for food, seems to make them peck at their food more.

Thanks!

This has been a blast so far! Man are they friendly! I have been using my hand like it is the mother hen...picking at the food and then drinking the water....making turkey noises. They all gather around and do what my hand does....lol. ....and a lot of pecking my hand....
big_smile.png
. ....naughty little kids....
big_smile.png

You bet! ...I did that right when I put them in there and that was going on. I'm just playing around now as I am watching them....experimenting, learning all I can. If I even lose one, I'll take it real hard!

Back
Top Bottom