Turkey coop ideas please

sandy sea

Crowing
16 Years
Mar 19, 2008
Rogersville MO
Right now my 4 turkeys go to roost in a very large coop. ( It is very far from the rest of my coops.) The turkeys are sharing it with 2 young pet pigs and 12 chickens. My husband is almost finished building a new coop for the pigs, it is 10 X16 divided in half with a wall, so each half would be 10 X 8. Pigs will sleep on one side and the other half was going to be used for feed storage, supplies, and baby chicks. I starting thinking that I might try moving my turkeys over to where the supplies were going to be, but is that enough room for them.? Not sure if I should build a new coop for the turkeys or just leave them to their present sleeping coop. What size would be OK for the 4 turkeys plus turkey math? Pictures of your turkey coop would be great.

Right now my 4 turkeys go to roost in a very large coop. ( It is very far from the rest of my coops.) The turkeys are sharing it with 2 young pet pigs and 12 chickens. My husband is almost finished building a new coop for the pigs, it is 10 X16 divided in half with a wall, so each half would be 10 X 8. Pigs will sleep on one side and the other half was going to be used for feed storage, supplies, and baby chicks. I starting thinking that I might try moving my turkeys over to where the supplies were going to be, but is that enough room for them.? Not sure if I should build a new coop for the turkeys or just leave them to their present sleeping coop. What size would be OK for the 4 turkeys plus turkey math? Pictures of your turkey coop would be great.
Storage areas are always at a premium. I would leave the turkeys where they are.

My turkey coop for two turkeys; it is part of a larger pen.

Attachments

• IMG_3285.jpeg
    IMG_3285.jpeg
    881 KB · Views: 60

Back
Top Bottom