Consolidated turkey housing thread

SarahGfa

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 26, 2018
There are lots of good turkey pen photos in this forum but it is hard to find them all in one place. Please delete if not allowed.
52324_new_roof.jpg
I posted this before but maybe you didn't see it.It is 900sq.ft.Fully enclosed with chicken wire on the top around the oak trees.I live in Naples, Florida so there roost is covered for the afternoon rain also from the sun.Hope this helps you...
big_smile.png

41721_turkey_g.jpg

17x35 enclosed pen. I think it's 7-8 feet tall with shade cloth and netting above. I free range them alot but feed and water them in it so they always come back

Here's our turkey Hoop House. We did have them in together with the chickens for about 6 month but the turkeys just got too big and were at the age where they were getting ready to mate so we decided to separate them.

This is our grow out pen where they have grass,alfalfa,clover & plenty of bugs to chase.

Here is my Turkey coop

This was our first run and coop...we made an "outhouse" looking shed with roosts inside. They used it when they were younger and then stopped. Since then, it's been cut in 1/2 and is now two turkey hutches in the much bigger, 3-run pen. I included a pix of the pen building in process and one side-view so you can see that the "out-house" is now 2 "hutches". They still don't use the inside of them, but I am sure the girls will when they start laying..they do get on top of it tho.

Where my turkeys spend their nights.

My turkeys like to have lots of room to roost. They spread out and do not normally roost next to each other.
My Heritage turkeys don't like coops at all not even for roosting they prefer to roost outdoors. I just provide outdoor roosts with protection from prevailing winds. It doesn't matter snow, cold, rain they are outside. But I do have very large fenced and netted predator proof pens along with 1/4 acre fenced without netting and over 2 acres of pasture for free range. But I raise/breed many different Heritage varieties so that much area is not needed for a few birds, scaled down version of this would work for you but they do need a lot of space as @R2elk stated. A few pics of how my turkeys live for some ideas last 2 pics. is something like I would recommend for you? The building in 1st pic you would think they would use for roosting in bad weather, but they won't use it, it is now my brooder for poults.

View attachment 3417636
Only blizzards will keep turkeys in, but they do love the structural beams, and it's very open up there. We made a bale igloo for the livestock guardian.

Last edited:
If you go back through your posts and edit them, you can use the mountain icon to insert the actual images rather than just having the links.

On a computer go to the image in question, right click on the image and select copy image location. In the message box, click on the mountain icon, select link, paste in link location, click on insert.

If you go back through your posts and edit them, you can use the mountain icon to insert the actual images rather than just having the links.

On a computer go to the image in question, right click on the image and select copy image location. In the message box, click on the mountain icon, select link, paste in link location, click on insert.
THANK YOU! I could not figure out why it kept showing attachment links.

THANK YOU! I could not figure out why it kept showing attachment links.
It does that for pics that have been uploaded through the Attach files method. If the pics were uploaded to an Album and attached through the mountain icon the image will show in a reply.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom