My Genesis went caput!

SGM

Songster
11 Years
Aug 18, 2008
Easley, SC
The fan went out recently on our Genesis and when hubby went to look at it today while I was candling, we discovered that the heating coils had melted the plastic stuff that holds it in place! YIKES!!! No wonder my last couple batches of eggs have had unbelievable amounts of blood rings. I'm so disappointed about losing so many eggs, but glad we have a reason and now it can be fixed.

Unfortunately I have eggs due to hatch next week and all the eggs that were in the bator are now in my hatcher so I'm going to have to either build or buy a new incubator since I have staggered hatches.

All in the name of a hatching addiction.... I mean hobby.
wink.png

I am very sorry to hear this.

I strongly encourage you to contact GQF as soon as possible. Take photos of your unit and request firmly that they replace the unit. Melted wires is a product failure and not something you did to cause the unit to fail.

Thanks MissPrissy, I've already contacted the place I bought it from and they're going to make good on the deal so I have no complaints. Just a freak thing that went wrong but they're replacing it. I thought I was smelling something slightly odd when I got into the bator, but really thought it was the fan. Never thought much about it.

Hubby wants to build another. I've been talking about wanting/needing a second to add even more eggs to the hatches. So this is just speeding up that. Now I have to have it, but it'll still be used when the new Genesis comes in too. I'm so glad it happened while still under warantee and not a couple months afterwards!

Back
Top Bottom