MY German Shepard saved my Rooster from Eagle attack( Pics are posted)

Cackling Hen

Just Scratching Around
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Port Angeles Wa
Last night I hear my GS going crazy with a bark and growl I have never heard before. I also hear the chickens going crazy. I run outside to see the Eagle with My Favorite Roo in its claws
th.gif
My GS right on the Eagles tail. The eagle drops my roo right in front of my eyes maybe 10 feet in the air. I screamed for my hubby who comes running out. All the girls are huddling under the car flat on there faces not moving .Gomer my Bantam Cochin is running back to the girls all his tail feathers gone to see if his girls are ok I grab him up he just lays his sweet head on my chest kind making this low clucking noise. The girls run strait for the hen house and didnt come out the rest of the night WHAT A SIGHT to see the Eagle drop him and NOT one mark on him. This is the second time my Good boy JR has saved them from an eagle attack. Gomer is the greatest Roo I cryed tears of joy This weekend No more free roaming hubby says time for a run and JR gets a big fat steak
smile.png
Thought I would share with all of you

Last edited:
Poor baby... I hope he isn't embarrassed by the missing feathers...

My red silkie got snatched by a small hawk... put a nice puncture hole on both her back and belly... luckily I was able to get to her and patch her up. She recovered nicely and now has a secure run set up when I am not there to keep an eye on them.

Back
Top Bottom