My Girl was Killed

LittleFalcon

Songster
May 10, 2020
I only had one hen and one rooster due to the fact that I couldn't get any more at the time. My hen died today and she was the sweetest little thing ever. She go along with the dogs and even ate with them and she came to me whenever I went outside. Today I went outside and her head was gone, ripped off. I know the rooster didn't do it because there were a bunch of feathers outside the coop and there was no beak in the coop. She was the sweetest thing and I miss her already, I raised her from a day old. I have about 15 to 20 chicks right now and I think almost all of them are roos, they range in age from 4 to 8 weeks and almost all of them have larger red combs. I want more hens, like her, but I can't get any and it really depresses me. She was a New Hampshire Red and she had shiny feathers like a roo.

I miss you love.
20200906_184319.jpg

Attachments

• 20200906_184319.jpg
    20200906_184319.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 2
So sorry for your loss. I lost my special bird to a fox and it broke my heart. If you have a game camera, put it up. Most likely the predator has been lurking looking for an opportunity and found one and then you will know what you are dealing with. Good luck...

That is what raccoons have done to my girls over and over. Take the head and leave the rest of the body.

Back
Top Bottom