My girlfriend dumped me because of my chickens..

firehog

Chirping
10 Years
Jul 27, 2009
I know this is off topic, but my girlfriend got mad at me because I wanted to get home early from a dinner date and close the hatch door to their coop for the night since I have chicken eating varmints in the area.

I love my chickens (12 of 'em) and fret over them and over coddle them I know. They even follow me into the house and into the kitchen and wait by the refridgerator door because they know that is where I keep the grapes for their special treats.

I miss my girlfriend but I think she was jealous over the time I spend on them and has flown the coop.
hit.gif
:hit

So, some friends asked me today when they were buying some eggs how many years a hen will live on average and how many years do they lay eggs? I've got 6 older 2+ years old and 6 pullets that are just starting to lay.

Wow... if she couldn't handle that, you are probably better off without her.

God will help you find someone more compatible.

Seems like you can find a better girlfriend
smile.png

When your date tells YOU we better go close up your chickens, then you know she is a keeper
smile.png

From what I have read ...... they lay their best for the first 2 years and start slackin up a tad after that.... I think they live for about 10-12 years but not really sure..... google might know...

You need to surround yourself with like-minded people, especially if something is that important to you. That doesn't mean that you always have to have the same interests, but I'd say it'd be hard to maintain a relationship with someone if they don't have the same values as you, or if they're not independent enough to allow you different interests.

If your GF dumped you because of your chickens, just move on. It's not unreasonable to have to come home a bit early to close them in so their safe. OR, you can plan to keep them in their run on a day that you have a date or other engagement, or arrange for someone to put them up for you. Both sides have to be flexible. I'm sure that if something was important to *her* that you'd work around it to make it work somehow. Relationships are give and take, and if she can't work with you with regards to your chickens, you'l have bigger problems later anyway.

firehog :True colors thats what they are......................That song came to mind. Move on, some people are not capable of thinking past "me me me"I am not sure of the exact words to Cyndy Laupers song .The point is ,she showed you her true colors...........We need more people that are sensitive and caring in the world and
less" self absorbed population of one"...

Back
Top Bottom