my goose incubation UPDATE all are hatched... pics of all 3 on pg13

It's hard to tell, but one looks a little darker. It would be great if you got one of each!
wee.gif

the final egg had zipped all around but was still in the shell when i came home from school, my mom said it had ben like that for atleast an hour, i helped it out, it had ben stuck to the inside o the shell, but theres a problem, its down isnt drying fluufy intead its staying together and is hard, ive wiped it down with water and didnt seem to help much..... what do i do?

Hmm, if it can breath and you know its got fresh air I would leave it and let it hatch on its own or otherwise there might be something wrong with it or its got more yolk to absorb.

When the membrane from the shell dries out too much during hatching, it can stick to the gosling's down and dry hard. It doesnt hurt them, as long as it isnt causing their wings to stick to their body or their eyes to stick closed, etc., and will eventually wear off as they shed their fluff or when they start swimming.

Sometimes a Q-tip dipped in very warm water will help get it off, if you try before it becomes really hard. Be careful not to try pulling it off unless it is causing problems, it will pull the down right out of their skin.

chel

that happened to one of my ducklings. i had to help him hatch out and his wing was stuck to him, i gave him 48 hours to hatch and i should have helped sooner i think, i had to take some warm water and gently rub off some of the stuff that made it stick and i also just ran the warm water over and under the wing until i could just pull the wing so it was not sticking to him anymore. the white membrane was also stuck to him and i had to use warm water to get that off of him.

well they are all doing great... i cleaned out the incubator and put it away last night, so the endto anothe fun hatch, i had a 50% fertility and 100% hatch, not bad for my first time with geese

003-9.jpg

004-7.jpg

005-10.jpg

006-8.jpg

009-5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom