My greenhouse frame retro to coop in an existing dog run

The ventilation is so important in your climate.
Instead of ripping more plywood, I'd do all I could to make the roof overhangs 12-18" on all sides.

:gig :gig:gig
The problem there in becomes height (aka not hitting my head :)), not to mention returning the galvanized steel and getting 12' long sections. The two triangle areas will be 12" covered and roughly 4 sqft on each end. I could get by with ripping one panel into 16" heights and HC a 6" gap under the awning which should be well covered.

Made some progress. Bending even 29g metal roofing sucks (sledge/2x4). Not the best fit but have cleaned it up some. Missed a few screws to wood but easy fix.

Now to have a beer (for size reference of the open air areas) and start on the poop boards and when I get a set of helping hands the door.

Will be trimming out the corners/seams in pvc (ouch but done Vs painting pine strips). Also need to put up HC and cut out the chicken coop door before I put them in though they will be spending some time inside just to adjust and get used to the poop boards.

I’m going to go with 5 of the plastic nest boxes I think-easy Vs building boxes but I have the supplies but not the time lol.

Also power-I debated doing a solar setup but cheap enough for me to extend power from the shop next door (coop door, light for inside (they are used to a light so will use this to fade down once they are inside and in, cameras until I find my solar ring ones packed away).

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpeg
    IMG_1097.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1098.jpeg
    IMG_1098.jpeg
    595.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1095.jpeg
    IMG_1095.jpeg
    804.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1096.jpeg
    IMG_1096.jpeg
    558.8 KB · Views: 5
BTW I realized i posted the roof pic with it not finished aka bolted down so those panel gaps are just the panels sitting. :) It's tightened down well and I've worked on a few spots/gaps from the bends-time will tell with rain coming. I have silicone for a few of the roof screw misses (joys of being on a ladder with the sun directly over blinding me :)) and can handle the gaps. The other option is a section of large PVC pipe cut away and secured either on the top as a rounded gable (country I know :)) or maybe a piece of gutter below filling the in-house water container.

I finished the poop board frame by led light last night and going to cut the linoleum/line it (may simply do sloped off the walls into the poop board for easy clean up of splatters.

Now just to find the time. :)

Haven’t had a lot of time to finish it up so literally working at night. Got the linoleum up to line the wall behind the poop board and the bottom (maybe it’s a poop slide board now? 😂). Pardon the duct tape-a pita to work with by myself-wish I had pulled it up to the top for my ocd but was tired of dealing with it. Each square is 6.5”-roost bar (wooden closet Rod from Lowe’s-easy start) will go in shortly and pdz to start on the board while I sort out which sand is safe for the birds to mix in with pdz.

Still need to trim out to close gaps/seams and HC the openings-likely today I hope at least the HC. And cut out the chickens door (picked up a returned solar door-retrofitted the controls with better power and working well in testing.

Attachments

• IMG_1149.jpeg
    IMG_1149.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom