My Hen House Attacked By Hawk!!

skyfires

Trying to hide
11 Years
Jul 19, 2008
The Ozarks of Arkansas
Yes, the house!!! You see, I can open my solid door on the house and on the inside is a heavy metal screen door. This screen door allows the breezes to flow through. Well, I was working in my garden just to the left of my hen house when it happened. I heard a crash, looked up to see a hawk rolling around on the ground in front of the door!!! I ran to it screaming and yelling, arms flaying in the air. She regained gained her composer, and stood their just staring at me. I was within a foot of her looking down and yelling at her. She screamed at this time, staggered alittle and made a very bad a temp at flying up into the tree beside the hen house!! She just kept stareing at me and screaming. This went on for a minute or two, she screamed I yelled!! Then she flew off into the sunset. My screen door has a large dent, and hawk feathers are all over the ground in front of the hen house. It seems these strange things always happen to me!!!
Hens-11
Hawk-0
yippiechickie.gif

Wow! That's pretty bold for a hawk to attack like that with you right there!! Glad it all turned out in the chicken's favor. Would of liked to get the two of you yelling at each other on tape so I could send it to AFV!
lau.gif

You might want to hang something shiny on the door. Hawks are protected and, even if you did nothing wrong, you don't want to be explaining any dead hawks on your property to the authorities.
wink.png

My neighbor came home one day and found the bottom pane of glass in her storm door in her breezeway broken. She called the police as she thought someone broke in and being a single lady did not want to enter the house without someone checking it out first.
The police arrive they ask her to stand on the sidewalk while they searched the home.
The police entered the breezeway and within seconds were heard yelling obsenities and one yelling to the other get back, get out!!!
My neighbor in horror thought a person was coming after them and froze in fear. Nope, no person just one ticked off and confused red tailed hawk who did not have a sense of humor.
Flew right through the window.

Back
Top Bottom