My hen house - suggestions welcome

Loving my girls

Songster
Jun 22, 2022
France
Hi guys,
Every year I do a bit of a spring clean on my hen house and do repairs and a couple of upgrades. Wondering if you do the same ? Wondering if you would like to pick up on ideas from other peoples hen houses ?
I also have polystyrene shutters that clip into the windows for when it get extra chilly and the water upside down thingy is outside and big enough to put an ice pack in when it gets too hot.
Anyway here are some pictures of mine.
At the moment the bench to enable the girls to get into the nesting boxes is absent as it’s being painted and varnished (to make it durable) so it is absent from the pictures,
Have to add that all my 8 hens are very very rarely penned in the run and generally have free range of all our garden and little wood.
Hugz

IMG_0641.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpeg
    IMG_0636.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0638.jpeg
    IMG_0638.jpeg
    472 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 32
Very nice looking coop you have.
Thank you, it was a birthday present from my hubby 🥰
We did a self build and this was made with the left overs and a couple of new bits like the mesh for the windows. The inside plastic tongue and groove was a left over from a friend. It’s even insulated although I think the mice have eaten most of that 😂

Love your set up! So cute:) you make me want to paint mine! I did clean out the house, did some repairs, (Mines 11 years old) I did some small improvements. I got
a electric door. I still have a bit of work on the roof to do. This spring i got a larger run and pulled out the old one. Connected it to the
coop. Soom I will run misters in the run. It gets so hot here 110 degrees in summer so misters are a must! Your coop inspires me to do more! Can't believe I haven't painted it in all this time. The shame. I'd love to make mine cute like yours! You inspire me!

Back
Top Bottom