My hen is Michaelangelo! PIC HEAVY!

I have a RIR pullet that lays eggs sorta like that. Ive never seen anything quite like yours, hers are mostly with a smuge here and there. But its with two different colors. Has yours always done that?

SELL IT ON EBAY!

You might get enough for an entire years feed bill!
thumbsup.gif

If you turn your head to the left a bit, the 3rd pic looks like a uterus with fallopian tubes and ovaries! Too cool! Thanks for sharing!

I think it's the impression of her egg laying organs. I've gotten several like that, I have another one right now that's not quite as dramatically colored but has the EXACT same pattern on it. So no one else has seen something like this before??? I wish I'd thought about selling it on Ebay, but I gave the blown out shell to a good friend of mine.

We had one similar the other day, though nowhere near as decorative! I think it was from a RIR. It was brown on one end, and pink on the other, but you could see a definite line distinguishing the two sides!

When we first put our hens in the new coop and they didn't know where to lay, I heard some commotion and walked in to see what was going on. One of our hens was in the corner frantically walking back and forth. I walked closer and just as I was leaning down to pick her up an egg popped out right into my hand. There was a sticky liquid around the whole egg which quickly dried into the "bloom", but where my fingers were touching the egg there were patterns left on the egg, just like in your pictures, except not quite as ornate.

I was looking through our egg drawer in the fridge that has the last of my brown eggs from before they started molting, and sure enough there's another one patterned just like this one except it's MUCH lighter. You can barely see it except in one or two places. I wonder what's causing it??? I hope I get another one that's defined like that....

Back
Top Bottom