My hen is sneezing!

Yes that is possible because in The video i tore it up for her and before i just let her rip at it in my hand. It seems dry i have there wattering can sitting on a block of wood off the floor so that the hay dosnt get wet. I try to turn the hay and see underneath i also have another older hen and she none of the problems of the younger millie fleur in the video. Im Going to try and remove al the wet old hay away from the door on the outside thats probably some of the problem. And thanks she is really sweet and funny :p

Last edited:
Last time i checked her eyes looked fine but there was a good amount of dirt build up around her nostrals that was wet i suppose from her try to sneeze it out or away i took a cloth and wiped it off her beak. As for the Hay this is the first time this hen has been exposed to the hay i use but my older hen has been exposed to it for the past couple of years maybe that explains whey the new hen is experiencing problems. When i got the new hen we hadnt cleaned out the coop yet so it still had old hay in it mayby with the new hay i bothers her lungs? Idk maybe her system might get used to it or it might be seasonal Allergys . Its just worrys me cause my older hen who is 6 years old has none of these issues what so ever.

Just a suggestion but if she seems to be allergic to hay, I wouldn't buy more hay - even a different kind. What about using straw or wood chips as a bedding instead? Wood chips would also absorb more moisture.

THANK YOU! I would be much easyer to buy wood chips cause i can just fit them in our suv instead of having to have new hay delivered to us :D you have just made my day :)

THANK YOU! I would be much easyer to buy wood chips cause i can just fit them in our suv instead of having to have new hay delivered to us
big_smile.png
you have just made my day
smile.png
At most farm stores they sell bales of wood chips in a bag (I think it says it's like 8 cubic feet of wood chips compressed to fit in the bag) for around $5. It's called Guardian Horse bedding I believe. My friend uses it for her horses. I use it for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom