*my home made auto egg turner never seen before anywhere pics!!!

Beautiful!! Only problem I see is that it only holds 10 eggs!! Whats up with that????
smile.png
........stan

10 is all i need and have room for in my incubator.

Hi Chris
I like your idea of the egg turner, How long did it take? I'm looking to do 25 eggs in one turner and 5 racks so that works out around 125 egg incubator
big_smile.png
I hope!
could you point me to the right place to find the motor! (is it the
1/240 RPM Motor from the Little Giant Egg Turner
)

As it has not stopped raining all weekend here in the UK I started work on my wine cooler incubator, which only needs a few things left to do and so far iv spent and £15..........

Hi Chris
I like your idea of the egg turner, How long did it take? I'm looking to do 25 eggs in one turner and 5 racks so that works out around 125 egg incubator
big_smile.png
I hope!
could you point me to the right place to find the motor! (is it the
1/240 RPM Motor from the Little Giant Egg Turner
)

As it has not stopped raining all weekend here in the UK I started work on my wine cooler incubator, which only needs a few things left to do and so far iv spent and £15..........
sorry for the late reply motor is from hover bator bought of ebay.

The has been a great source of inspiration and H4ppy Chris's links were great. I have just built a cabinet incubator big enough for 200+ Indian Runners and just completed the first incubation. We only tried one tray of 42 eggs but it was a great experience and success.

If anyone would like to ready more about our adventures or see an adaptation of Chris's design please go to our website and look under incubator for the full pdf download.. http://www.naplanini.si/Projects/projects.html

Last edited:
I just found this thread. Chris, your turner is a work of art. Form and Function!!!! Thanks for sharing and answering all of the questions. I have one more question though. Do you leave the eggs in the turner during hatching and if so, have you had any trouble with that? I am wondering if any of the chicks got hung up on the egg shells or on the wire holders?
Thanks again for sharing your great design.

Back
Top Bottom