DIY CABINET COOLER INCUBATOR How we did it and TEST RUN Ready Set GO!

You mean like this: This is my hatcher, built with lots of @Sally Sunshine inspired ideas. The main advantage of a vertical config is for the turner. You can make a horizontal turner (search for homemade incubator turners on youtube), but the capacity is going to be a lot lower than vertical racks and a turner that shifts the entire set. BTW, I hatched more than 4,000 chicks in this last year! It works great.
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking at

There are too many pages to read through everything. So do most people remove eggs to another area for lock down? Has anyone made a section in the bottom of the incubator for hatching?

There are too many pages to read through everything. So do most people remove eggs to another area for lock down? Has anyone made a section in the bottom of the incubator for hatching?
Hi there! I never have as I love hatching in the smaller cooler incubators..... that way the main cabinet can keep on making me babies
I just rotate trays and have eggs marked with sharpie different colors and then those sharpies used on a calendar.

@Sally Sunshine , You are enabling here you know.
hide.gif

Where is the rest of your chick setup?
Scott

@Sally Sunshine , You are enabling here you know.
hide.gif

Where is the rest of your chick setup?
Scott
downstairs, for the first 1.5 months and longer for serama in clear huge totes for simple cleaning and disinfecting. and then any I keep go out to grow out pens
900x900px-LL-7925225e_20151026_091028.jpeg

Confession time, due to budget constraints, I didn't precisely follow these directions. I have built an incubator, but I'm having issues with keeping temps from the front to the back. There's a temp difference of 3 degrees, any suggestions how to fix this?

https://imgur.com/a/qBAGb
so I take it the heat is sticking to the back? where are the fans? can you show us more details? perhaps we can help.

I did some more testing, and the temp actually held better throughout without the fan. Right now it holds at between 99-100. Is this an acceptable difference and is there a reason to have the fan other than to even the temperature? My thermostat has a differential of only a degree, so I'm not seeing much in the way of swings over time.

Back
Top Bottom