My homemade chicken coop

Chickens in their new coop for the first time!

Wow! Your coop looks great!!! What are the dimension? Also, is there a way to build a nice size chicken coop if you don't own any power tools aside from a drill?

A circular saw (or skil saw) is the single most versatile power tool you can have. You can build just about anything with only a skil saw. A must have for any homeowner.

I am curious what breeds you have? 48 square foot is recommended for 12 birds of normal size, 32 nesting boxes is enough for 120 birds give or take??

I am curious what breeds you have?  48 square foot is recommended for 12 birds of normal size, 32 nesting boxes is enough for 120 birds give or take??

Ya, I never plan to own that many birds. I just had it I'm my head when I started that I would need at least 1 box per hen, but then I did my research and stopped with 1 side having 16 nests.
I have 6 Americana, 2 buffs, 2 barred rock, 1 silver laced Wyandotte, 3 meat birds, 3 unsexed banTamsin no clue what breeds and I forget the last 1. They also have a 12ftx6ft run that will be moved daily.

Back
Top Bottom