My homemade incubator **BABY PICS!!**

Just an update - I THINK I've finally got this thing adjusted right!

The temp in the water wriggler is between 99.0 (light comes on) and 100.2 (light goes off).

The humidity is between 55 and 60%.

I have been tweaking the thermostat a bit up and then a bit down... I'm afraid to try to scoot it up any more, as that seems to make it range between 99.7 and 102. I think that's a bit high...

Now, I just have to wait (sigh...I hate waiting) until my eggs come next week!! Hopefully the PO won't lose mine!

Susan

Yep - I'm leaving running all weekend - I didn't think it would be this nerve wracking just to get it set right!

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Well, Jen (and her silky girls) outdid themselves and my eggs arrived safe and sound this afternoon!

I've got them resting, then it's into the bator later on this evening.

Wish me luck!! Oh, and wouldn't you know it, my bator has held temps so steady in the WW between 99 and 100.5 for the past 4 days. Then just before the mail came, the temp dropped to 98.6....

I'm hoping was a one time dip - it better behave itself now that my eggs are here!!

Good luck, arlee! Friday was my day 1 so we are less than a week apart in hatching days. I have had a few set backs but I am being hopeful. It's this daggone weather change!

I am sending good hatching vibes your way. Good luck to you!

Ummm ... wanna hold hands through this and walk together? LOL
fl.gif

Last edited:
Welllll..... eggs went in on Monday evening, so it's been two days. The temp is holding nice and steady between 99.0 and 100.4.

Humidity is up, so I had to crack the lid up just a little bit. It's FINALLY RAINED here the last two days and has been very humid inside and outside, so it doesn't surprise me the bator is a bit humid.

Cracking the lid seems to be enough (with the two large humidity vent holes) to keep it around 50% without losing the heat.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to open the bator excecpt for turning. It only take about 30 sec to turn the eggs and then hands back off. Opening to turn doesn't seem to make any difference in the steady temps.

I'm going to do my best to hold off candling until next Monday at least...

fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom