My incubator

indigo flats

Chirping
Jan 29, 2017
Elgin South Carolina
This Hova-bator 2362n is my incubator I wired a STC 1000 to it to serve as the electronic thermostat, I left the waffer in for back-up. The STC monitors the temperature and cuts the fan and heater on and off. It holds ambient air temperature at 99.5 averaged so the eggs being solid should hold 99.5 continuous I have three other thermometers that I check the temperature by one through an air hold and 2 on the wire rack. I am satisfied so far. The control is plugged into an outlet the incubator is plugged into the control left side controlled by the STC 1000 it controls that outlet by temperature and turns power on and off to it according to temperature in the incubator the right side is for the egg turner it is hot all the time.

Last edited:
That's awesome that you have digital temperature control and were able to keep the wafer as a backup the only thing I may have done different it to keep the fan hot and running all the time

I though about doing that but not sure it absolutely needed to run non stop. During my test I am getting the same readings as I was getting when it ran all the time. I did notice temperature changes as the weather changes and I would have to adjust the waffer so electronic will be easier for me.

Made improvement to the viewing windows by placing a piece of plexiglass on the inside to create a dead air space between the two for less heat loss at the windows. Small improvement but it may help.

Back
Top Bottom