My Indian Runner hens are fighting!

Pollo Blanco

Free Ranging
13 Years
Jun 8, 2010
Western Washington
It seems that Lefty, the white/fawn is the instigator.
She was picking on one of the Blues, and another one of the white/fawns was trying to get Lefty to quit.
Later Lefty picked a fight with one of the other fawn/whites, which had TWO fawn/whites fighting Lefty head on!

It's noisy, and I am trying to figure out why Lefty keeps starting up and why the other ducks unite against her.

awww I can picture the whole thing
maybe it's just because ducks are sometimes crazy LOL
Maybe I should take a video! 😆

It's just really strange, but hey, they're not laying eggs either. The thing that I don't get is the alliance, but I did adopt two that were inseparable, however I couldn't tell you which ones they are since they integrated.
Sure took a long time!
20210527_135842.jpg

theyre likely reestablishing the pecking order... every so often someone will challenge the 'general' . in my flock i know who is the general and who is the brigadeer general , and Colonel., Lieutenant Colonel... and so forth lol.... they talk to each other and make battle plans..

Maybe I should take a video! 😆

It's just really strange, but hey, they're not laying eggs either. The thing that I don't get is the alliance, but I did adopt two that were inseparable, however I couldn't tell you which ones they are since they integrated.
Sure took a long time! View attachment 3590166
wait a minute!! IS THAT A GIANT TURTLE POOL??? I had one and my ducks refused to go near it!! I even buried its head in sand but they still were aftraid of giant turtle!!

Back
Top Bottom